Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Day trip to Legoland Malaysia

January 30, Johor Bahru, Malaysia. - AYLE 2014 has come to an end, and everyone needed to go back home and to go back to their normal lives. When I woke up and left the hostel at around 9:00 am, almost everyone is still on their bed and still recovering from hangover from our last night's party. So I haven't say my good bye to every one except to few delegates who have their flights that morning. Since I have a one more day to travel,I decided to have a day trip in Legoland, Malaysia. Before I went to Malaysia, my friend and I still hang out in the Merlion and Raffles place. We took pictures around the place, and parted ways after since his flight is on the same day. I dropped him off in the nearest subway station and went directly to the Singapore Flyer for the shuttle going directly to Lego Land. Unfortunately, the bus has already left and I was 10 minutes late. I asked the ticketing staff for other route and she advised me to take the subway then take the bus going to Johor Bahru.  

I took  her advise and hoping not to get lost in Malaysia. Well, the bus ticket from Singapore to Johor costs only 5SGD. After I arrived to the drop off station in JB, I looked for a money changer since I only have Singapore dollars with me. After I got my Malaysian Ringgit, I bought Nasi Goreng for lunch in a local eatery there. It taste so good and so new for me since we have curry almost all the time we were at Singapore. It just cost me 5RM for my full meal which is way way cheaper than any of my meals in Singapore. 

I went back to the bus station after I have eaten my lunch. I needed to wait for an hour for the next bus going to Legoland according to the bus ticket staff. So I took the cab going to Legoland since I can not contain my excitement anymore. It cost me 25RM for the cab fare which would have been cheaper if I haggle with the driver but anyway, what is important that I did get there safe and sound. I bought an entrance ticket and it cost me 69SGD. You can pay the entrance fee in Singapore dollars if you do not have enough Malaysian Ringgit on hand. After I got my ticket, it seems that all my tiredness has wash off and I felt so rejuvenated and so enthusiastic to go inside the park.  


The theme park is actually built for children and children alike (like me) so most of the rides are really for children and family. But still the moment I got into the park, it seems that I became a child again who wants to play Lego once again. I only got to ride few attractions in the park, and the ones I tried and the ones that I can are Dino Island, Lego 4D Studios, The Dragon, Lost Kingdom Adventure, and Project X. Project X in Lego Technic is my favorite since it is the most exciting ride in the park, ever. One should also not skipped the Lego Miniland when visiting Legoland. It is a collection of Lego miniature replica of different cities and places around the world like the Marina Bays of Singapore, the Angkor Wat of Cambodia,the Taj Mahal of India, and ,of course, Kuala Lumpur complete with its KL Tower and Petronas Tower. 





The park closed at 6:00pm. I went back to Singapore and got all my things in the hostel and went directly to the airport. My Legoland experience was so memorable since it is "technically" my first travel alone. It seems that I was a child again when I get there and my dream of a Lego world did really come true. *off to my bucket list* Also it was both an experience and a struggle coming to Legoland Malaysia. I went Malaysia alone and did everything on my own. My trip to Malaysia has also made me realize that Malaysians are one of the most friendliest people in the worldThanks again to the university student who helped me with directions in Johor Bahru who even waited me up in the gates of immigration center just to have the same bus with me, to the old lady who helped me find the money changer even I sounded like "I money exchange dollar where?" and to the one who took a picture of me in the gates of Legoland, it just so candid. Thank you very much! I was so happy that I really did give up Universal Studios Singapore just for Legoland Malaysia. I love Lego and will always be a Lego fan.  Everything happened in Johor Bahru will all be charged to experience. And Malaysia, we shall meet again soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment